Friday, April 21, 2006

Eating of the Forbidden Fruit



I'm like Ralphie in A Christmas Story--dreaming, suggesting, plotting, begging until at last it arrives. No, it is not a Red Ryder BB Gun. It's better than that. (No, it's not a lamp shade in the alluring shape of a woman's leg either.)

It's my new Apple Macbook Pro with an Intel Core Duo Processor, 2GHz, 1GB of RAM, 100GB Hard Drive, 15.4-inch XGA TFT Display, 4X DVD+/-RW SuperDrive, Mac OS XTiger v10.4 and a full software Final Cut Studio compliment (Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Soundtrack Pro and Motion 2) for the most powerful notebook editing suite available.

This is not normally something I'd blog about. But for some reason, its arrival has made me oddly philosophical. There's something inspiring about holding something in your hands that will play such a large part in your future. It's more than just a metal shell and some wiring. It is a tool for transformation.

With this machine, I will communicate with my friends and family scattered literally on all corners of the globe. With this machine, I will write love letters to my wife. With this machine, I will add to the blogosphere. With this machine, I will compose my Master's thesis. With this machine, I will transform current germs of ideas into muscled, breathing screenplays. With this machine, I will edit movies that exist now only in my head.

It sure as heck better do all those things and more. It cost enough.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you love it so much, why don't you marry it?

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God bless you and the projects He inspires you to do on your new machine. And may you not find an ad for the same machine for hundreds of dollars cheaper in the next few days.

Paul

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shouldn't writing love letters to your wife be the first thing on the list? And how about starting with a love letter about how wonderful she is for contributing to this new toy? :)

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tech geek in me is drooling all over my keyboard...what a beautiful piece of hardware. Hope it's all that you hope it will be ;)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I love you honey. You're wonderful. Thank you. Did I say I love you?

I'll take you over a silly lamp shaped like a woman's leg any day. And tell Reacher I'm already married! Shesh.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Anonymous Scout said...

This bigger geek question is "will you try to dual boot WindowsXP or Linux on your machine?"

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With this machine you will play the same old version of minesweeper.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Mac? Seriously? if you wanted something w/an Intel chip that will run Windows (and costs less) you could've just... I mean... Oh, nevermind. Have fun.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news on your MacBook Pro!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus