Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Time to Drool

Normally I wouldn't post something as blatantly materialistic as this, but these two items were too beautiful to keep quiet about. I need to stop reading "The New Yorker" which is where I found both of them.








The first is the Graf von Faber-Castell Walden Woods Limited Edition tribute to Henry David Thoreau, one of my favorite authors. The pen is made from historic, naturally fallen ash wood from Thoreau’s famous Walden woods and is inscribed along the barrel with a quotation from "Walden" in his original handwriting. Magnificent. It also has a magnificent $600 price tag.


















But the item that has truly taken my breath away is this exquisite Breguet watch, the Classique Grande 3755PR with a spectacular interlacing of tooled, polished, rhodiumed and engraved parts. So expensive that the price is not even listed on Breguet's website, near as I can tell, it is in the neighborhood of $30,000! Absolutely breathtaking. (Click on this one for a more detailed view).

Needless to say, I won't be getting either of these for Christmas, but a man can drool can't he?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the contrast of this post sitting directly above the picture of the Amish. Heh.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent observation, Reacher! Good on ya.

I had to post my weakness: the WRX STi by Subaru. Any model after 2003 will do. I even have a vanity plate all planned out for it. I would trade that crummy watch for the WRX anyday!

Paul

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one hell of a watch.

Don't listen to Reacher, with his fancy high-brow "perspective."
A nice watch is a nice watch. Even the Amish can recognize that.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Mother Raven said...

Try more like $198,600 @ http://www.theluxurybazaar.com/timepieces/webforms/watches/details/details.aspx?c=21349ED2-94D9-4D9E-88C6-64FC9F9AC0CF

Yeah that darn New Yorker can make one feel so wistful.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus