Thursday, March 01, 2007

Head Shot

Why is it that every time I get in front of a camera, assured of larger-than-life projection, something always manages to go wrong?

For instance, a few years ago, while living in Sicily, I was an extra in the Academy Award nominated film, Malena. I was involved in two scenes, both of which involved the camera swinging right past my face. It was guaranteed. I was going to be famous. And yet...behold the omnipotent power of the editor:

Here I am in the Jeep. Can you pick me out? Yeah, me neither.














And here I am in a later scene in which I marched right past one of the main characters and the camera. Unfortunately, those guys in the shadow at the very back--yep, that's me and that's as close as I got.














So last night, when my friend Liz and I attended "The Late Show with David Letterman" and we were given special tickets ensuring we were in the very front of the theater where the camera couldn’t help but see us, I thought the curse was broken.

That was until somebody decided to throw a silly WKRP ad up on the screen right as the camera settled on us.














Oh wait, that's not entirely true. Here I am...














...with my clapping hands in front of my face.

For crying out loud.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, that's a shame.

But I completely forgot about that movie! WW2 era Italy! I'm so going to watch it 7 years late.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Brandon you dingle berry. I am glad I didn't loose any sleep over that. But I can so tell it's you.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you be your own worst enemy? :-)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Never thought of it that way!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

It's God trying to keep you humble...who knows what an actual full on face shot may do to your ego? Hehehehehehehehe.......

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!! Poor Brandon, your day will come. We will all be watching you one day on the Oscars, where they will give you several closeups.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus